What is Arts Infusion?
Arts Infusion is a teaching and learning model by which the arts (core subjects, visual art, dance, drama) are incorporated into the music curriculum.
Why Arts Infusion?
Arts Infusion enhances and enriches students learning experiences and enables students to better form connections between all subject areas.
Example of Arts Infusion (Wavin’ Flag)
1. Students listened to “Wavin’ Flag” by K’naan and explored the meaning of the lyrics.
2. Students researched the significance and meaning of flags from a variety of countries in the United States.
3. Students discussed flag desecration.
4. Students created their own personal flags and wrote about the significance of the colors and symbols.
5. Students sang “Wavin’ Flag” at a concert and used their flags as part of the performance.